TagelusTop Mount Fiberglass Sand Filter The design that revolutionized a timeless technology Sand filters are one of the most popular ways to filter water. For good reasons. They are simple, effective,and require very little attention. Pool water is routed through a sand-filled pressure vessel. The sand traps particles large and small…so small they are undetectable to the human eye. Over time, dirt accumulates in the spaces between the sand particles causing the pressure in the vessel to rise as water finds it harder to pass through. This signals you to “backwash” the filter. Simply reverse the water flow and “knock out” the dirt. What could be simpler.
But all sand filters are not created equal. For optimum filtration all the water must flow through the same amount of sand at the proper rate. That’s why all Pentair sand filters feature a special internal design that keeps the sand bed level, ensures even water flow, and results in the most efficient filtration possible. That’s why more than 2 million Pentair filters have been installed worldwide. Tagelus provides consistent, high performance cleaning of every gallon of water that passes through it. The key is a combination of design features that eliminates “channeling”—a condition that allows water to race through the filter too quickly for effective cleaning.
Standard features include:
1. Patented process creates a one-piece, corrosion resistant,fiberglass reinforced tank of unmatched strength and durability.
2. Six-position Hi-Flow™ valve has built-in pressure gauge, manual air relief valve, and sight glass to make inspection,and routine maintenance fast, safe, and easy.
3. Exclusive internal design ensures optimum flow characteristics for more efficient filtration, long filter cycles, and economical operation.
Tagelus filters are known around the world for their ability to deliver clean, clear water, with minimal maintenance. Their time-proven design ensures trouble-free
performance and long life.
Additional features include:
- 360° diffuser keeps sand bed flat and level to eliminate channeling and extend filter cycles.
- Combination sand and water drain speeds servicing and winterizing.
- All internal parts are threaded for ease of service.
- One-year limited warranty. See warranty for details.